Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a savage 458 and the stock broke, so now all I have is a savage barreled action and a new story CV k, but the magazine stuff doesnt feed right and nobody can touch it.do you know anybody that has and installs bottom metal and magazines?? Thank you for looking.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,330 Posts
1) I had a savage 458 and the stock broke, so now all I have is a savage barreled action and a new story CV k,
2) but the magazine stuff doesnt feed right and nobody can touch it
3).do you know anybody that has and installs bottom metal and magazines?? Thank you for looking.
1) I'm not sure why you used the word "Had", unless you don't own it anymore.:confused: But I also don't know what a "Savage 458" is. Was it a standard long action chambered in the Win Mag, or a short action chambered in the SOCOM?? With a few wiggles, all savage long actions and short actions are the same, and parts are ubiquitous.

2) Why can nobody touch it?

3) Need to know what the rifle is, but there are lots of companies that sell chassis, or stocks and inlet for various magazine systems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) I had a savage 458 and the stock broke, so now all I have is a savage barreled action and a new story CV k,
2) but the magazine stuff doesnt feed right and nobody can touch it
3).do you know anybody that has and installs bottom metal and magazines?? Thank you for looking.
i

1) I'm not sure why you used the word "Had", unless you don't own it anymore.
But I also don't know what a "Savage 458" is. Was it a standard long action chambered in the Win Mag, or a short action chambered in the SOCOM?? With a few wiggles, all savage long actions and short actions are the same, and parts are ubiquitous.

2) Why can nobody touch it?

3) Need to know what the rifle is, but there are lots of companies that sell chassis, or stocks and inlet for various magazine systems.
I understand.its a 458 win mag and the cheap plastic stock brock,i ordered a OEM replacement wood stock from numrich and I cant get the magazine parts to work.some Smith's here didnt want it.i know it because they're not up to par on fixing it.but maybe somebody in another state is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts