Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently reloaded some 30-06 rounds with Nosler custom brass, 125gr NBT, & 52 grains of REL 17. In hindsight I did not seat the bullets to the minimum of .308 inthe case. I was trting to reach my lands. Ended up only .25 into case. All the brass has soot on the outside of the case indicating not enough pressure to seat the case in the chamber. Not a ruptured primer. Is this all because of my seating?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently reloaded some 30-06 rounds with Nosler custom brass, 125gr NBT, & 52 grains of REL 17. In hindsight I did not seat the bullets to the minimum of .308 inthe case. I was trting to reach my lands. Ended up only .25 into case. All the brass has soot on the outside of the case indicating not enough pressure to seat the case in the chamber. Not a ruptured primer. Is this all because of my seating?
Mistyped. It was 52gr REL 15. Is suposed to be minimun yet most accurate. I will try and load a litte heavier on charge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.