Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently shooting 2 Colt .45, 1911s. One is an Series 80 officers model, and the other a Series 70 govt. model. The first is about 10 years old, and the second about 2 years old.
Loaded with a 200 gr SWC and 5.0 gr Bullseye, each shoots about 8" low. (This is at 50' at our clubs indoor range, no jacketed bulllets allowed). Are the factory fixed sights adjusted for a 230 gr FMJ at about 800-850 fps, and is the reason that at 50' both 1911s are shooting low? I would like to get a load that would shoot to POA at 50', both for the indoor range, but also as a defense load. Any suggestions? Thankd DGR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure if I am replying in the proper manner, to Unclenick's reply, but I will proceed. You explained the situtation quite well. Both pistols are factory stock, no work having been done on them. I am shooting using both hands, due to shoulder problems which limit hand strength in maintaining a good sight picture consistently. However, the groups all print well. I will try using a 230 gr. LRN, with appropriate load, and will use sand bags. Perhaps this will limit the possible problems to the one you describe using the dummy round. Thanks for the help, and this gives me somewhere to go in this matter. Thanks again, DGR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. With all of these suggestions and comments, you have given me a lot to think about and to try. I will try some of the suggestions and keep a close record of my results from my next trip to the range. Once again, I thank all of you for your help. DGR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts