Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::)

Say gents, I need your first hand knowledge and/or opinions on these 2 revolvers. The Cimarron rimfire and the Heritage. Thinking of buying another single action revolver and I thought about getting one of these instead of another Ruger. Nothing wrong with my Ruger but these are a little cheaper and look as good as my Ruger. THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY!!!!!;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Several people I know use the Heritage 22 with the adjustable fire sights. They report good things accuracy wise. If you are looking at the fixed blade versions just be prepared to try lots of ammo to find one to shoot POA or to do filing, bending etc. on the front sight to not have to kentucky windage. Once you find a good ammo with fixed sights you pretty much have to stick to it. I only buy adjustable personally, because I like to play with new styles and test different rounds. I also like using shorts at times for training of kids and plinking. ;) Ruger single six is rated much higher by comparison, but you do pay for it. I chose to get the Ruger Blackhawk over the Heritage rough rider, but if budget is a consideration, the latter is certainly rated well by the shooters I know. Keep in mind too that there are a lot more modification parts for the Rugers than the others. They are pretty much what you get is all you'll ever get. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
;)

Thanks for the reply and info and advice. I think I will stick with the RUGER. This time I think I'll get the 6.5" barrel.:cool:

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
;). I think I will stick with the RUGER. This time I think I'll get the 6.5" barrel.:cool:
I have two, a blued and a stainless, both 6.5" models. As it's almost impossible to wear one out, try finding a used one.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
A used Ruger Single Six .22 LR should run you right about $300 and you know they never wear out.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
A used Ruger Single Six .22 LR should run you right about $300 and you know they never wear out.
I'm wondering if anybody has actually worn a SS out. My thought is that you couldn't load and shoot fast enough. I've had my blued for about 30 years, and the stainless at least 20. Neither even really looks tired, and I have no idea how many times they've been shot.

·
Registered
977 Posts
> A used Ruger Single Six .22 LR should run you right about $300 and you know they never wear out.

That is good, I just got one from 1978 stainless steel. It looks fairly nice. I haven't taken it to the range yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts