Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New poster here, BTW. I ran across an older model Mossberg Model 1500. On the barrel, its stamped "made by Howa." This rifle is chambered in 30-06. I can get a heck of a deal on the gun, but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with this model from Mossberg. I'm not expecting much for the price, but if its a half decent rifle, I hate to pass it up.

My buddy has had it and hunted with it for many years, but bought a new one, and just doesn't need this one anymore. Its in great condition.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,994 Posts
Howa makes guns for lots of folks. S&W in the past and Weatherby today.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I would ask your friend if the rifle feeds, fires, and extracts every time without fail. If it functions as it should and you are satisfied with the rifle's trigger, accuracy, and appearance, then it is what I would call a half decent rifle. So if you view the asking price as a heck of a deal and hate to see a deal get away, go for it.
+1 agree here

·
Registered
459 Posts
Its basically a Howa 1500, and Howa makes a fine product. They make or have made them for several companies s&w, weatherby and mossberg (that i know of), Nice action and they tend to be accurate, tho the trigger on mine can be a pain to tune compared to others.

The major difference between the ones offered by different companies seems to be the bolt shroud

Here is a picture of mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts