Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a shooter for an outside security agency and I am in the market for a new scope.I am currently shooting a savage 112 26" bull barrel pre accutrigger with a 3.5x10x44 nikon monarch.I like the Nikon but I am looking for some thing with side focus,tactical turrets,and more power.This is also my target rifle.A group of friends and I will be starting to get together once a month and chuck lead down range out to 1000 yards once the weather breaks.I am currently looking at the viper vortex pst ffp.Is any one out there familiar with it.Im open to all comments and suggestions.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
This one is hard to beat for long range Target shooting. I would put the quality equal to most scopes costing twice as much. http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6&id=169

They have many other recticles and a new MOA recticle that's coming out shortly, if not already out, that would make a great scope. I don't think they have one with FFP though. Unless you've tried one and know that's what you want, I don't think you're going to like an FFP scope for long range shooting. When you crank up the magnification, the cross-hairs are pretty much going to wipe out any target smaller than something the size of a man. If looking at Mil dot, theirs is MOA/MIL. Not the best choice for Mil, you want to be sure you get Mil/Mil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts