Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Say,

What velocities do you want to shoot those 170g LMNGC's to in your '06?  

My son burns up VOLUMES of '06 cast loads and we have reams of data!

My favorite load for the .357 with those .358"-185g FNGC's is 16.0g H110/WSPP/Win Brass.

Thanks for the order, and good to hear from you today!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Mr. Gates,

You mention wanting some 2000-2200 fps loads for the .30-170g LMNGC bullets in your '06.  As I've mentioned before, my son shoots VOLUMES of .30-06 cast loads.  We've had lots of testing and found some really economical, and effective recipes.

One of my favorites in the .30-06:

.310"-170g LMNGC/56.0g WC872/Fed 215/GI Brass/2150 fps.

The powder is military surplus available from Jeff Bartlett Reloaders for about &#3638.00 per 8# jug the last time I checked!  ( I bought mine for &#362.00 per pound about five years ago... and did I stock up!)  It is very slow burning, and requires quite a fire to get it burning.  

This load is very accurate (not exceptionally clean burning however), uniform and fun!

Loaded 40 rounds of this load for a friend of mine who was on a really tight budget at the time for hunting ammo.  He used those two boxes of ammo exclusively for four years killing whitetails out to 150 yards with annealled nose bullets.   Reported killing five white-tails when hunting with his family one Thanksgiving day weekend with this load.

Let me know how these work out for you!

God Bless, and Have a great New Year!

Marshall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts