Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have decided to retire again. My mom has gotten to the point where she needs daily attention and care so I decided to leave my job to care for her. Hopefully I have made the right decision. I plan on spending a lot of time with mom and the grandkids.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
Having retired prior to Mom needing special attention, I didn't face that decision. But I can tell you Katie and I have many, many fond memories of Mom's last few years when we were involved on a daily basis. One of those memories is her strength and patience living with being blind and unable to walk any distance.....plus other physical problems. I gained an immense appreciation and respect, even greater than before.

It's been four years since she left us, but almost daily I remember how hard it was to watch her eating when we took her out on the town. Her favorite meal was eggs over easy on top of her fired potatoes. The combination of white eggs on white potatoes on a white plate is a major challenge to maintain your dignity when you're blind. We would be through eating and would watch her struggle, many times taking the fork to her mouth with nothing on it. I always told her, only half joking, geez Mom, use your fingers (I will when my time comes) but she would patiently explain, that just wasn't done.

It will be tough at times, but you'll never regret it.....proud of you.

Dan

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Prayers sent, and may her remaining years be plesant ones.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You have my prayers and thoughts. You will be left with good memories and good time spent with your mom and grandkids. Life is short. We need to spend our time well.

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Been in the same boat, Good Luck, Hope everything works out for your family.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have been retired for 3 years and 2 of the years my wife and I got to spend a lot of time with my wife's mother she passed away a one year ago but the great memories we have from before that can not have a price put on them.
Prayers are coming from north of the border.

Blessings,

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today is my last day at work at Verizon Wireless Engineering. Trading in dead lines for a honey do list. Thanks for all the prayers. Looking forward to having time to hunt and shoot more often now.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
O.K., but leave a little spare time to help with the Humor forum.

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jodum I cannot say as much for me as you yourself.we have to help out my mom with my dad.but only when she goes back home to see her family.but rest assure that you will be OK with God on your side,along with a group of friends praying with ya.and I really thank ya for your prayers all so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts