Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No, let them stay dead.

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else "harassing" the new owners of NEF and H&R to start making these wonderful Single Shots again, or are people just thinking, leave them dead?

JJE Capital Holdings LLC Acquires H&R. Harrington & Richards was shut down by Remington in 2015. Fans of break-open single-shots can only hope this new owner has an interest in breathing life back into a name that will turn 150 years old in 2021.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Personally, I would prefer they bring back some of their classic break top pocket revolvers, made with modern metallurgy,... that can handle modern small bore caliber pressures. Before they do single shot rifles.

But, I am sure, that will NEVER happen!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I would prefer they bring back some of their classic break top pocket revolvers, made with modern metallurgy,... that can handle modern small bore caliber pressures. Before they do single shot rifles.

But, I am sure, that will NEVER happen!!
Probably not, for the same reason they don't make all 45 Colts able to handle the modern loads, too many old antiques out there that would blow up. But to be fair, I really like my Uberti 45 colt Chisholm, its light as a "feather" and shoots really well... just cant put any of the Buffalo Bore type ammo in it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Agreed, my Uberti 45colt SAA is a joy to carry and shoot,... I just prefer others for serious work. Which is baseless and probably just ignorant, since SAA 45 loads have done their share of serious work, throughout history.

Reactions: alaska682

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bought my 2 sons both a H&R Pardner 20 gauge single shot shotgun for their 15 & 16 th birthday. I took advantage of their extra barrel offer and sent the receiver of one back and they matched me up a 50 caliber muzzleloader and a rifled 20 gauge barrel with rifled sights. Wish I had done the same for the other. 3 guns in one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought my 2 sons both a H&R Pardner 20 gauge single shot shotgun for their 15 & 16 th birthday. I took advantage of their extra barrel offer and sent the receiver of one back and they matched me up a 50 caliber muzzleloader and a rifled 20 gauge barrel with rifled sights. Wish I had done the same for the other. 3 guns in one.
Great starter rifles/ shotguns for kids. Forces them to learn to put the first shot where it matters.
I wish I had taken advantage of the extra barrel program when I had the chance. As inexpensive as they were I could have gotten all the barrels (cartridges) I ever wanted for less than a M70. Now I'm stuck scouring the internet for a few decent rifles, 308, 260, 7mm-08 and an extra one for a project, I want to convert one to a 338 Federal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My sons have grown up and have their own families. They moved and left the old Pardner behind .I have 6.25 acres of very thick woodland and I use the old shotgun to hunt deer with the rifled barrel and 20 gauge slugs. My longest shot is about 40 yards and the slug violently throws the largest deer to the ground. I killed 2 in 5 minutes with the single barrel gun in the same putting. There was some machining done when matching the additional barrels that required send the receiver back . One of my sons used the rifled barrel on his identical gun which was not the receiver sent back with no negative results once. I told him I did not think that was safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts