Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,237 Posts
Would be awfully hard to chamber since the bullet's bigger than the case.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Oh let him try. I'd like to see the chamber reamer. Sean

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,237 Posts
Now don't be skeptical. Just load it from the front. Hey, that was actually done once upon a time to get around the S&W patent on bored-through cylinders.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I built a 10mm wildcat for revolvers back in 1994.....called the .401 Bobcat, it's essentially a .220 Swift cut and expanded to 1.40". Works well and can push 180 grain bullets to 1,700 fps out of a 7" barrel. There's an article about the round on my website.

Lee Martin
www.singleactions.com

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I just want to see the case when it comes out. Bet it would be a booger to reload. Maybe use one of those dual caliber lead bullets they use for fire forming. You know, when you want to fire form something like a .338 Win to a .375/338 Win in which you seat a .375 bullet that has a base shank of only .338 to fit in the .338 case.

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Actually I think it's what's known in Canada as a metric inversion. There were lots when Canada went metric and they still happen :rolleyes:

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
44 Posts
joc270 said:
How about necking the .357 magnum to 10 mm?
Joc, I made an error once and made it know that I'd like to have a Ruger Flattop in 41mag and someone kindly pointed out to me that Ruger never made them.

I'm just letting you know that a 10mm is a .40 caliber, you would be making the 357 mag brass larger to acomodate the larger bullet guy! ;)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Jack Monteith said:
Actually I think it's what's known in Canada as a metric inversion. There were lots when Canada went metric and they still happen :rolleyes:

Bye
Jack

Jack,
here in the lower 48, we refer to this as a rectal-cranial inversion. Much more severe than metric computations. :)

Hate to pick on the new guys, but I couldn't pass this one up.

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Steven:
We send people with rectal-cranial inversions down to the football stadium for therapy from Drs. Kicker and Punter.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It would be more practical to neck to 9mm and use slightly oversize bullets of .357-.360. You'll find this a much simpler and more practical conversion since nothing will need to be done to your revolver to shoot it!!!!!!!

·
Banned
169 Posts
HUNTER_IN_AK said:
I think this guy works for the media and is trying to infiltrate this forum. Either that or an anti-gun lobbyist.
Uhhh, yeah that's it! He made one post and you come to that conclusion? Wow, now tha is paranoid. Sean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.