Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between a savage mark 2 GXP or the Cz 455. Any thoughts on which one I should buy it will be my first .22

·
Registered
774 Posts
CZ for sure. Only caveat, at least with my 2 .22 CZs, is the bore is so tight I have to use a .17 cal. cleaning rod. The .22 cleaning rods I have won't go through the barrel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Let's see, would I rather have a Cadillac or a Yugo? In this case, you spell Cadillac CZ. Buy it and don't look back.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Everything i hear indicates the CZ is a far better rifle. So another vote for it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
+1 for the CZ, but I would recommend the 455 Lux if you don't plan on using a scope. And the lux has a better grade of wood than the American. Same accuracy as the American but the Lux just looks nicer and shoulders better if you don't have a scope

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well

I see this question was asked back in Nov, Wonder what he bought? My pick out of the 2 would be a CZ after I just picked up that Brno Mod 2.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
While I agree that the CZ is the way to go, I'd get a 452 over the 455.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
CZ for sure. Only caveat, at least with my 2 .22 CZs, is the bore is so tight I have to use a .17 cal. cleaning rod. The .22 cleaning rods I have won't go through the barrel.
Same with my CZ-452 American. Bore is too small to use a regular .22 cleaning rod. I also use a .17 sized cleaning rod & .22 caliber bore snake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have owned the rifles, one Savage and two 452's. I have shot the 455 extensively.

For me, there was no comparison. The 452-455 is the better. As to the 452 being more accurate than the 455, it is really not correct. They are the same except the 455's can have a do it yourself barrel swap to .17HMR and 22Mag.

As to the rods- I use a .22 rod with 1" round patches on the CZ's. Works fine. I would not use a bore snake again after gaining an inquenal hernia the first time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts