Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have revived an offer to buy a 22 long rifle from this guy. It is a 1966 Remington 513-t that the us army used to train with. It is in great condition and comes with 16 extra magazines and over 1100 rounds of competition grade ammo that is unopened. He is asking $750 for it. Do you guys have any thoughts on the price of just overall on the gun.

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
it depends

Last year I bought a mint condition Remington Model 513-T for $350.00 from a local gun shop. It did not come with extra magazines or ammo. A used rifle is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. if I liked the rifle, I would probably offer a bit less than the asking price and see what happens. So it depends. All the best...
Gil

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
IF it has the flaming bomb ordinance mark and an inspector's stamp, which means the Army actually had that rifle and IF it has the best of Redfield or Lyman target sights, and IF the match grade ammo is good match ammo, the price is barely fair.

IF it's a civilian rifle with no sights and T-22 ammo, $400 would be about right.

That rifle never had much of a reputation like the Anshultz, Winchester 52 and Remington 541 and M37, but they shot OK for postal matches and most people's needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts