Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, as the title states, I am in the market for a new stock for my 223. It is a Remington 700 SPS varmint with 26" heavy contour barrel. The stock that is on it is plastic and cheep, and the barrel is not free floated. I want one with a bedding system that will free float the barrel, help improve accuracy, and I would also like to keep it under the $300 range (I'm not going for an Olympic class target rifle, just one that can help me shrink my groups.) Any suggestions and tips will be appreciated, thanks is advanced!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Go with HS Precision. They are the best aftermarket stock. They have an aluminum bedding block, so no need for bedding. They are what Remington uses for they factory stocks.

·
Registered
858 Posts
recently I have seen some Remington rifles with loose or ill fitting plastic stocks. They are pretty easy to fix though....acu glas and shorten the action screws one turn...

·
Registered
307 Posts
i have the exact same rifle, i got it in 2008, sitting in an hs precision swat/tactical stock. i couldnt believe the quality of it when it showed up. it has an aluminum bedding block that fits the action perfectly, is free floated and as an added bonus has an awesome palm swell. i have large hands and it makes it easier to handle. my vote goes to HS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts