Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum from north west Florida,USA. I to am a big fan of the single shot rifle. I told my wife the other day,"if I had it to do all over again,I would own ALL single shot rifles". This, except for one double(dangerous game) amd one AR(coyotes).

Tell us what you got,and what you will eventually get. Also will you/do you reload and/or hunt. If so...what critters do ya'll got there.

Again,welcome to the forum. ------pruhdlr

·
Super Moderator
13,685 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in and have fun and play nicely with the rest of us kids.

All my guns are single-shot as long as I don't load more than one round at a time. ;).

I used to belong to the Single Shot Rifle Association twenty years ago. It's been a long while, though, as there wasn't much more than collecting activity for them going on around here then, and $15K Ballards are a little rich for my wallet. I wish it weren't so, but the fates are sometimes cruel.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
hello fellow shooters. i am from Queensland Australia. i am a fan of single shot rifles
You and me both. As far as firearms go I'm stuck in California and you have it worse than I do. Glad to hear from someone down south.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the welcome i have a ruger #1 in 204,a 12 gauge lamber,a baikel 410 single that the wife uses when the urge takes her.i want to get a good single in 25-06. i do not reload yet but am keen to try. we have rabbits,fox,dingo,wallaby,kangaroo,goat,pigs ,deer camel,donkey,scrub bulls. the 204 is ok up to the kangaroo,with the varmint round.i used to have a ruger mini 14 in 223 but the so called wise people that run the show over here changed the gun laws. you blokes are so lucky to have semi autos

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
Don't by shy! Chime right in with what you shoot and what you shoot 'em WITH! :)

I really like single-shot guns as well and if I didn't have a single rifle to my name, I'd buy an Encore with a handful of pistol and rifle barrels and be set for all of the shooting I ever do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks jmortimer. why is it bad in California, tuff laws ? i thought we were the only ones hard done by

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Long story short have you ever heard of a "liberal" in a non-classical sense. I would say the laws are more annoying to me but if you like "black guns" they are a PITA. There are a handful of states here run by liberals, California, Maryland (may be passing an "assult" weapons ban similar but worse than California's), New York and a couple others. But you all went off the deep end especailly for such a "Frontier" country like your's.

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
Buddy of mine lived in NY and used a Ruger #1 in 25-06 for varmints and deer. He hit on some hard times and had to sell it. I wish he'd asked me first cuz I would have bought it and held it until he could pay me back. He loaded his own ammo for it and swore it was the best combination rifle a guy could own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

I only have one single shot rifle and that is an H&R trap door in .45-70. I would like to get myself a Sharps but they are a little out of my reach unless I buy a Pedersoli or Armi-Sport.

My wife has relatives in Australia. I think that they live somehwere near Sydney. (I hope that I spelled that correctly.) Her uncle was stationed there during WWII and never returned to the US. He's gone now but his wife is still alive and doing well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello spokes, Sydney is in the state of New South Wales . that state is south of Queensland on the eastern side of Australia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts