Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum.:D If I can think of any thing good, I will ask this group,:confused: and gind out some new stuff! Talk to ya later.:p

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Welcome aboard Johnny! Hope you enjoy your stay.
About your handle - do the words "Why you wanna give me the runaround" mean anything to you?:cool:

IDShooter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, they dont mean a thing to me. i also collect, restore and run two cylinder John Deere tractors. thus the handle "johnny popper".

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Johnny,
I'm a musician and I thought maybe your handle referred to the singer from Blues Traveler, John Popper. The quote is from one of their songs.
It's interesting how our experiences & viewpoints have such an effect on how we percieve things. I never heard "Johnny Popper" associated with John Deere tractors before.
Glad to meet new people and have you aboard! ID

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,305 Posts
Johnny,

Ever work on any Fordson tractors? (Ford's ill-fated attempt to get into that market).

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Johnny:
Welcome to the board. There where lots of 2 cylinder John Deeres around here many years ago, but I never heard the name "Johnny Popper" back then. A retired neighbour has his old AR rebuilt like new and the local welding shop rolls new fenders and hoods.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MikeG --- no i never worked on a Fordson or Ford tractor. there are a lot around here doing lawn work and as a utility tractor for farmettes. they are small in size and probably not as intimidating as a large row crop tractor.
as for being called johnny poppers, we had some neighbors that used international tractors on their farm. could always tell what was what when they were side by side. 2 cylinders with a bore of 6.5 in vs 4 with a bore of 2.75. still love to hear a john deere doing hard work! maybe that is why i am a little hard of hearing???
never thought i would talk about tractors on a gun site! anyway it is FUN!:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Around here, we call them Putt Putts. You are right about listening to them work. It is really strange when it misses a putt. Sounds for sure like it has cut off but then that next putt putt happens and away it goes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Johnny Popper
Obviously these people are not old enough or from far enough out in the sticks. I didn't know they were called John Deere until I got big enough to read. I love the sound of that 2 cylinder engines govenors opening up as it tries to pull a plow thru these South Missouri rocks. Only then does the name Johnny Popper make sense.

And, Welcome. You'll enjoy this forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts