Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed cooper two months ago about possible mag calibers coming out in the future they replied that they wil start production early this year on five new mag calibers and be taking orders in early january. I ordered a 264 win for me and a 300 win for my dad In the classic rifle yesterday. When my dealer got off the phone he said they had 13 not five new calibers:eek:. I just got off the phone with cooper and have the caliber list, it should be available in all their hunting ridles with 26" barrels and as a repeater. they will unveil it at the shot show and start production asap. :D

Caliber list:
257 weatherby
264 win
270 weatherby
7mm rem
7mm weatherby
7mm stw
300 h&h
300 win
300 weatherby
308 norma mag
8mm rem mag
338 win
340 weatherby

Have fun boys, keep your eyes on the shot show!:D

·
Registered
977 Posts
> 308 norma mag

I came across a few boxes of these cartridges and researched the topic a bit. Compared with the NATO and similar cartridges, why, would anyone find this older cartridge attractive enough for someone to produce a new rifle for it?

I read the wiki links and all that, just curious from a newbie stand point.

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
> 308 norma mag

I came across a few boxes of these cartridges and researched the topic a bit. Compared with the NATO and similar cartridges, why, would anyone find this older cartridge attractive enough for someone to produce a new rifle for it?

I read the wiki links and all that, just curious from a newbie stand point.
Back in the 50's the .308 NM made a lot of sense. Since the .300 WM came out the .308 NM had faded into history. My guess Cooper is chambering those rifles so those who want something a little less common or exotic can have it. At one point I was interested in building a .358 Norma Mag.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Haven't you heard? All the baby boomers are retiring and they have money to spend on reminiscing cartridges.... ala Ruger No. 1 in 300 H&H, .30-40 Krag, 6.5 Swede, .30-30, .257 Roberts...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thos what I lime about cooper they chamber alot of different cartridges and they chamber less popular cartridges as well as the popular ones. My dad changed his to 7mm stw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts