Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just bought my first SAA in 357 (Uberti Cattleman 2 5.5") and am in need of a good quality yet affordable holster and belt. I would like to have ammo loops on the belt but if that drastically increases the price a plain belt would be okay too. I am a fairly skinny gun (29-30" waist) and about 5' 10". I don't mind imported stuff but American made would be preferable of course.

Do any of you have any recommendations as to what would be best for me?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
MrMayo: Take a look at the used Hunter Western Rigs on ebay. The belts have 25 ammo loopes. I have been using some of these rigs for my Single Actions for 30+ years. And they still work very well.
ken

·
Registered
572 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, MRMayo.

I would rate Hunter at the bottom, then El Paso Saddlery, and Galco a notch above that.
For a bit more than what you would pay for Hunter, you could get El Paso or Galco.
El Paso Saddlery and Galco have good quality and make several different rigs.
They aren't custom made, so should ship out to you pretty quick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help! I really like the Hunter and El Paso holsters I saw at Midway. Good Price too on those.

What do you guys think of this? https://www.historicalemporium.com/store/005426.php A friend of mine that shoots SAAs recommended this but I don't know about the quality of it. Only $125 for a belt and holster that is tooled seems like a good deal - maybe too good of a deal. Thoughts?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thanks for all the help! I really like the Hunter and El Paso holsters I saw at Midway. Good Price too on those.

What do you guys think of this? https://www.historicalemporium.com/store/005426.php A friend of mine that shoots SAAs recommended this but I don't know about the quality of it. Only $125 for a belt and holster that is tooled seems like a good deal - maybe too good of a deal. Thoughts?
I have purchased some period correct, old west clothing from historical emporium and am well pleased. Have not purchased any holsters or belts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.