Stock: Ruger Compact wooden stock glass bedded
Trigger: Tuned
Scope: Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36mm plex

Will be starting load work soon

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the barrel really turned out good, it weights 7 5/8 pounds with scope and it handles really well in my hands. Will be shooting it soon.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The rifle weighs 7 1/2 pounds with scope. I weighed it on a digital scale yesterday. I do not have my dies yet for the 260 Rem, it should be in soon with some bullets I also ordered. I put a few rounds that were sent with the rifle down range before I went to work this morning. It was 129gr Hornady Spire Point, H4350, WLR primers and Rem brass. The rifle shows promise. I will make some real changes when I begin to do my handloading. I will change primers and of course try other powders and bullets.

Here is how it shoots with the above load.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Nice gun 'tracker. Nothing like a nice sweet swinging 260 for chasing critters around the woods and fields.

I know you are looking at the partitions for your hunting load, but don't discount those 129 Hornady SP. They have a very good reputation for killing critters big and small.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice gun 'tracker. Nothing like a nice sweet swinging 260 for chasing critters around the woods and fields.

I know you are looking at the partitions for your hunting load, but don't discount those 129 Hornady SP. They have a very good reputation for killing critters big and small.
Your right and I have 100 of them coming. :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I got the VX-II 2-7x33mm and put it on my 260 Rem and my rifle has now a total wieght of 7.486 pounds and this will be great for spot an stalk. The VX-II with my good eyes are more than enough for what I will use this rifle for and after an all day hunt in the mountains I will appreciate the 7.486 pounds of light rifle. Here is how it looks with the scope:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Well, I got the VX-II 2-7x33mm and put it on my 260 Rem and my rifle has now a total wieght of 7.486 pounds and this will be great for spot an stalk. The VX-II with my good eyes are more than enough for what I will use this rifle for and after an all day hunt in the mountains I will appreciate the 7.486 pounds of light rifle. Here is how it looks with the scope:
Is that their scope with the Heavy Duplex??

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
No, I do not like the heavy plex, it is the standard plex.
You must have better eyesight than me. I kind of like the heavy plex as most of my hunting is in wooded & brush areas, shots average around 75 yards Max. On my .270 like you I perfer the standard plex for longer > 100 yards.;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You must have better eyesight than me. I kind of like the heavy plex as most of my hunting is in wooded & brush areas, shots average around 75 yards Max. On my .270 like you I perfer the standard plex for longer > 100 yards.;)

I have 10/20 in one eye and 20/20 in the other.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts