Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This is the right place with the best and most knowlegeable moderators and members. I have learned so much from this fantastic forum. God Bless

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome aboard. I presume LR means Long Range? What rifles and calibers do you use? I shoot a rolling block .45-70, a Sharps .45-70, a Mini 30 .308 and a Remington 7mmMag for long range. I like the .45-70's and use them to hunt with a lot. The Mini 30 is my all-round go-to rifle and the 7mm is the most accurate and reliable to 1000 yds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shooting an FN in 308. A Sav Mod 10 in 243 and switch barrel in 260 Rem.

Building a 6CM on an FN action in a Macmillan with a Krieger barrel.

The 6 CM is my first custom build.

Regards

Mark

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading some of your posts.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Welcome Mark. Looks like you have affinity for the 308 Win-based cases! What's the '6CM'?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shawn, it is an easy transition for the above calibers. Trying to get the best bang for the $.

The 6 CM (Compition Match) primarly for shooting the 115 gn. Berger and DTAC's.
A good friend shoots this round in a Sav action and introduced me to the 6mm round.

Ballistics, good barrel life and speed are some of the pluses that tweaked my interest.
Just waiting on the barrel and a chambering and she will be up and running.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
The 6CM is an "optimized" 243 Winchester case, with a 31 degree shoulder but the same case taper as the parent. It has been doing some noteworthy things on the competition trail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts