Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but not shooting. I just Googled the model number of one of my guns for fun and found a thread about it here. I thought that any place where there are people who like their Taurus 689 as much as I like mine would be a good place to spend some time. Glad to be here and I look forward to some fun discussions.

Paul

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Welcome 22paul, and join in when you can. I don't have a Taurus, but many here do, although, join in the other discussions when appropriate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome Shawn, the Taurus isn't my only gun just the one that led me here. I have mostly 22 LR and 357 mag. Rugers, Remingtons, 1 Marlin and 1 Savage. Peretty much if it goes bang I like it.

Paul
Edited to say: Now my problem is how can I read the whole forum and make it to work in the morning.

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Paul, not sure of your question...what problems are you having specific to mornings, etc?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the fun.

CD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Shawn, I had to get up at 06:15 this morning and I stayed up 'till 12:30 reading about favorite squirrel guns and the like. Soooo I kinda drug my fanny around today at work. Its funny that 25 or 30 years ago that wouldn't have bothered me at all.

Thanks for the welcome Combat Diver.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another gun lover. I know what you mean about staying up late and making it to work. Can't do it like I used to either.

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Well Shawn, I had to get up at 06:15 this morning and I stayed up 'till 12:30 reading about favorite squirrel guns and the like. Soooo I kinda drug my fanny around today at work. Its funny that 25 or 30 years ago that wouldn't have bothered me at all.

Thanks for the welcome Combat Diver.
Ah yes, now I understand! I have that same problem.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Paul. It's a great place to hang out. Used to be coffee and the morning paper, then it was coffee and the morning news. Papers make a mess, plus they're going out of business, and the morning news is just too **** depressing! Now, it's coffee n' ShootersForum! I'll get in the shower here in a minute...right after I read this thread about the G2 Contender. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all, jodum, thanks for the welcome. Sounds like your friends are getting older too....not us though.

cvc944, thanks, I almost had to change my shorts from laughing so hard, but I know what you mean.

broom_jm thanks for the welcome, my coffee brews while I'm in the shower,I drink one big mug on the way to work the other goes in with me. I may start getting up earlier and knocking off a few threads in the morning. If I paid as much attention to the news as I used to, I'd have to hide my guns from myself.

Oh and Combat Diver, I finally noticed your location and I feel the need to thank you sir for your service to us all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts