Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone- I am usually lurking over in the Shotshell reloading section but am checking out something new here. I was cleaning out my gun safe and found a few interesting things such as a Colt Woodsman Match Target pistol. I have searched the internet high and low for info about this gun, it was my Grandads (although we didn't know he had it until after he died) and somehow it ended up with me. The serial # is only 4 digits, 8497-S, however it is NOT the first series judging by the barrel. It also has the woodlike plastic grips and the thumb mag release, which also say that it is a second series. The only problem is the serial number, which by everything I have found says that this pistol does not exist! Does anyone know about these particular pistols? BTW thanks for some entertaining reading...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a great website! I found a similar pistol to mine but it still has a 6 digit serial number instead of 4, meaning later production?

·
Banned
502 Posts
The Woodsmen and Huntsmen were really nice pistols.

Jerry

·
Banned
604 Posts
Had a Match Target for years when I lived in the Michigan Northwoods. It was death on Snowshoe Hare. Eventually traded it off for a Colt NM 1911 and a M48 Smith in .22 Magnum. The guy wanted it real bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts