Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentleman,
I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join this fine forum.
I'm a long time firearm owner. My interests are primarily lever guns.
Winchester Marlins, Colt's and S&W are what I enjoy shooting the most!
I also have a few flat top Ruger Blackhawks.
I've enjoyed reading your lever action forum so far.
Looking forward to learning more about my favorite firearms!
Good evening folks!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,402 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you.

Reactions: JOG

·
Premium Member
15,879 Posts
Welcome! You have good tasted in guns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the warm greeting gentleman!
Just to let you know I'm living in the state of Maine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I like your taste in hardware, and I like your state too. It was the first state I drove though that warned me of moose on the road and falling rocks from above on the same sign post. I have great respect for efficient peoples. How exactly does a driver from Main learn watch out for falling rocks the size of a house anyway? We don't learn to do that in Michigan, its not in the DOT book. Regardless of poking some good nurtured fun, I found Maine to be a fine place, really fine...with very accurate road signs, and nice folks. What does it take for a local to get a moose tag?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The moose tags are hard to get! There's a lottery for residents, then a drawing. never been lucky enough to draw a moose tag. I'm not sure how it works with non residents. We do have signs in the mountains that say just that!
I'm in costal southern Maine. I'm 3 miles from the ocean and about two miles from the highest peak in southern Maine.
It's about 800 foot above sea level with a amazing view of the ocean. Mt. Washington is in full view on a clear day. 6000+ feet high in the White Mts. of New Hampshire 50 miles away. We live in a protected watershed area. that is loaded with nothing but hiking trails with streams, forest and every kind of wildlife there is! Bear, moose, deer, turkey and grouse are a few of my favorite's! We have a stream and pond across the street with beaver and muskrat. It's a great state to live in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to shootersforum.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts