Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up earlier this week and got out to sight in yesterday. Top and bottom shots are when I was making adjustments. The rest are about 1.5 inches at 100 yards.

Scope is a Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5. My eyes don't work with iron sights as well as they used to. :)

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,588 Posts
Nice!!

I've been wanting a revolver caliber (357 or 44) levergun. I shoot a lot more cast bullets these days, I'm wondering how the Henry handles them.

RJ

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Picked it up earlier this week and got out to sight in yesterday. Top and bottom shots are when I was making adjustments. The rest are about 1.5 inches at 100 yards.

Scope is a Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5. My eyes don't work with iron sights as well as they used to. :)

Nice looking Henry! :) In our local Walmart, there is a Henry "Golden Boy" with octagon barrel for $730 in .44 Magnum. They also have a Henry lever in .45-70. Beautiful rifles!!

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
Congratulations on the Henry! Should be a fun gun.
Still trying to get used to the look of a scope on straight grip lever rifle.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
I surely do like the look of that scope on your Henry rifle...if a lever-gun is to wear a scope, that one fits the bill!

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I'm a big Leupold fan and own over 20 of them. But the scope I chose to put on top of my Henry BB in .45C was a Weaver 1-3. Not a better scope, no way. But a very good one I've had around on rifles for 20 years or so. Nice compact look. I did choose my Henry BB 45-70 for opening day, however. It did not let me down. (Hawke 1-4x24 with illuminated reticle).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Nice! I'm torn between a Henry All-Weather or a Marlin in .44 Magnum!
I've owned a Marlin M94 in .44 and it was a very nice rifle. I believe it would have been somewhere around '06 or so, being a pre Remington rifle. I also own a Marlin 1895G also and alos an '06 build, IIRC. And while it's extremely accurate, two trips to gunsmiths have not solved the jamming problem it has. I reckon it needs a trip back to Marlin to finally(?) cure it. IMHO, the Henrys are better made lever guns. And, I have owned many 80s Marlins as well, still own two (.356 & .375).

Reactions: dmsbandit

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've owned a Marlin M94 in .44 and it was a very nice rifle. I believe it would have been somewhere around '06 or so, being a pre Remington rifle. I also own a Marlin 1895G also and alos an '06 build, IIRC. And while it's extremely accurate, two trips to gunsmiths have not solved the jamming problem it has. I reckon it needs a trip back to Marlin to finally(?) cure it. IMHO, the Henrys are better made lever guns. And, I have owned many 80s Marlins as well, still own two (.356 & .375).

the lifetime warranty and world renowned customer service that Henry offers doesn't hurt either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts