Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum searching for an old one I belonged to 10-15 years ago. Wondering if this is what it grew into or if anyone might have been familiar with it? Older than dirt.com was name of it.
I’d love to catch up with any other older members that may recall it. If not we’ll...I’m here for now.
I hope I can enjoy this as much as we did the old forum,

·
Premium Member
14,341 Posts
I've not heard of that one. Huntamerica,com was a big deal 20 years ago...50K members or so.

Welcome aboard the shoot shoot train.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Years ago, there was another Shooters site started and paid for By Marlin. It had a massive following. It changed hands a number of times and was big, great place. Unfortunately it got a little politican on some posts and after 20 years closed down. This one started later and I believe is totally unrelated to the original Shooters.

The old Shooter group divided some are still on Handloadersbench.com and others on Baitshopboyz.com. Campfire got some also. I still talk to about 10 of those guys; many have changed theeir screen names.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,304 Posts
Found this forum searching for an old one I belonged to 10-15 years ago. Wondering if this is what it grew into or if anyone might have been familiar with it? Older than dirt.com was name of it.
Haven't heard of older-than-dirt.com. but this site has been here a fair amount longer than 10-15 years ago.

Cheers, and welcome to the forum.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,135 Posts
I remember a retailer called Cheaper Than Dirt, but not a forum called Older Than Dirt. In any case, welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
14,341 Posts
Anybody rememeber 'gunners-net' on the old usenet servers before there were 'forums'?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts