Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't seen it, there is a magazine (well, really more of a soft-cover loading manual to be honest) from Hodgdon. It is published by Shooting Times. Has some reprints of some Skeeter Skelton articles, and some more recent stuff.

But it also has all of Hodgdon's current load data, up through the #27 manual, plus some more recent updates.

So..... if you consider yourself too strapped to get another $25 or $30 loading manual, I'd urge you to see if you can find this, it's $7.99 and well worth every penny. Might even be able to find it discounted a bit. I can't keep up with every update from every manual but this one is worth it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I picked one up at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago - $7.19. It's got a LOT of information and I loved those Skeeter Skelton reprints, BUT:

The paper is so flimsy I don't see it holding up to much use on the bench.

In the shotgun section, 16 gauge, they are calling for a wad (WAA16) that Winchester hasn't cataloged since 1997.

It definitely isn't for a first-time loader - not much in the how-to department.

Other than those complaints, it seems a pretty good buy.

DC

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just purchased a copy the other day. I was really impressed with the number of bullet options per caliber. It's a very good dealing considoring the costs incurred, a whopping 7 bucks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sierra had there 50th for only $12.00 and some change;) During Xmas time ,much better, hard cover and very detailed info, broken down bye tabs etc...but I did notice the hole punches will tare out easy if your not careful. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts