Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local chapter Ore Hunters held an online auction since they couldn't have a banquet. So I waited until the last day and put down a minimum bid on this Howa 1500 in ....... 308. I don't know how well I'm going to like the scope but time will tell. I have a couple of proven Denver Redfields in the cabinet if this doesn't work for me. It's a 3.5 x10 Nikko Sterling.
Took it out to the range today with a good load that I had for my Win 88. 150 gr rem Bronze points loaded with Imr 4895.
didn't want to shoot a group. So came home and did what I should have done in the first place. Removed scope and bases and reset with thread locker on the bases the reset scope and cleaned the bore again. I'll get back out next week if all goes well. It's pillar bedded and hope it's just the cheap scope. I'll take another with me to change out if needed. And yes the trigger breaks clean @ 2.5#'s every time.
Wood Gas Stool Machine Window

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have that very rifle. The stock that came with it was terrible. It had so much drop at the comb, it was unshootable for me.

Here is what I did with it with a Richards stock. I expect to shoot it this weekend!!! Hallelujah. I think you will be very happy with that purchase. I've loaded up a ton of different loads for it and hope to find something it likes.

Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Gun barrel Bumper Gun accessory
Sleeve Trigger Air gun Shotgun Wood

Target - 10 shot string with some factory Federal ammo.

Rectangle Textile Orange Art Line

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's good to see you have a shooter. I'm sure this one will also and really suspect the scope. Stock fit is fine for me and I have another Houge stock on my 8x57. I'll give this scope one more try before it goes in the gun show box. I know I didn't get hurt for the price I won the bid. $529.00 + $10.00 transfer fee. So I have wiggle room if I want to put new glass on it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Thanks. I have been happy with it. It has a pretty good trigger and I like the way the stock came out. I threw a belt on my lawnmower this morning so my weekend shooting plans are off. I have a new belt on its way that will be here later today. I need help changing it, and my buddy who offered isn't available until tomorrow. We have had a ton of rain and I can hear my grass growing, so I need to take care of it. 8 acres is nice...until something like this happens. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts