Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMR has their new manual on their website.
http://www.imrpowder.com/

It has data on the new Remington Magnums and some other new ones like the .270 WSM and .450 Marlin. Unfortunately, the data is in PDF format and you can't do a quick lookup anymore. BTW, Adobe Reader 6.0 is another case of bloatware. If you don't need the lastest version, don't download it.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Disappointing to say the least!!! No 454 loads rifle or pistol!!
No 45 LC rifle loads- no hunting loads for the 45LC either? What does it take for these big Mnaufactors to get some good data out? The 45-70 loads seemed very sedate at best.:rolleyes:

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,952 Posts
I have to agree, Gunnut -

Every load I checked on their website seemed to max out just a little over most manual's start loads.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
They seem to have also drastically reduced their data on Weatherby cartridges. I guess since the 270 WSM is out, we no longer need data for the .270 Wthby. This is no great loss though, as the data provided in the last manual was unnatainable in charge weight and velocity in my M70 and a buddies MK V rifle. I do love the .270 Wthby, but they where claiming 3500fps with a 130gr bullet, but I know it won't do THAT! Weatherby themselves don't even claim that type of performance.

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Gents:
The new IMR manual is a mess alright, but the 7x57 and .35 Remington are still there, on page 48 and 50. They did dump most of their Weatherby data.

They're posting their latest data in PSI starting on page 51. The older data is still in CUP, and starts on page 47.

I :mad: PDF files.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks, Jack. I didn't see the 7x57 and 35 Rem data when I looked, but I may have downloaded incorrectly. For sure I did something wrong!

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Gents:
I can't wait to try that new 3895 in the .35 Remington either. It's in the Contender data in the Handguns PDF.

Actually the .44 Magnum loads with the slow rifle powders is a fairly good illustration of why there's an optimum burrning rate for each cartridge and bullet combination. The .35 Remington data is better, as it has powders that are too fast as well as too slow.

I wonder why they've speeded up 4230 to the equal of 4064. That leaves a big gap between those two plus 4895 and the slower 4350. It means the old standard .303 British 180 gr. load isn't usable with new 4320.

There's a rumour floating around the net that IMR might start making 8208 again. The original H322 was surplus 8208.

Bye
Jack

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
Hello Jack,

Yes, that would be great to have another supplier of Quasi-322. Everywhere the surplus 8208 is sold it goes pretty quick so there would be a ready market for it. Very versatile powder.

I see what you mean by the PDF format.:(

Regards

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks like they stomped on the 41mag info. I was hoping see some additional information. Not a good thing if they want people to buy their product!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts