Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Found this while doing an internet search for info on the Henry Big Boy my wife surprised me with for Christmas.

Been shooting for 45 years but really don't know anything about guns. That is to say, I know how to operate 'em but when it comes to history, details of the different types and the like, I'm pretty dumb. But I'm a quick learner.

My wife jokes that there aren't too many women in the world who are told by their husband to quit buying so many guns. She likes 'em as much as I do and, in fact, has more shootin' sticks than me.

My favorites are my cowboy guns; I love my Henry Golden Boy and my new Big Boy, and also have a couple S/A revolvers. Not into cowboy action shooting, though. I just like those types of guns.

My wife and I are both NRA-Certified basic pistol instructors, though she's going to do more of the classes than me. My job has me on the road a lot and I just can't commit to doing the classes regularly, but will help her all I can.

Anyhow, I'll probably post some stupid questions around here. Please bear with me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome aboard from Michigan. Just remember, the only stupid question is the one un-asked. Lots of people here eager to share knowledge.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Welcome D. Sounds like a fine Christmas present! Let the questions fly; many members here with a lot of experience.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are truly lucky to have a wife with a similar interest in guns. I too am partial to cowboy type guns also.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have learned much from moderators and members - this site is the best. I have similar interest in "cowboy" guns.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Greetings from a Wyomingite to the north.

Everyone here has asked a questionable question at one time or another. Have no fear...most folks here are real patient and knowledgable.

Go Pokes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts