Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I would like to say hello everybody. I have perused this site and I am so glad I found it. I feel I'm getting some good information and encouragement. I am especially interested in your information pertaining to reloading for lever guns.

Well once again I would like to say hello. You will be hearing from me soon in different sections of this forum. I have a lot of questions. I might even have some answers and suggestions.

LeverLover

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome here, LL

Rules are simple: be nice and join in. We're glad your here and I look forward to hearing from you. You'll find you have a lot in common with a lot of the guys here. It's the friendliest place on the net!

What do you all shoot? What levers do you have/want? Do you do any competition?

The only lever I have is a Browning BL-22, but then again, I'm in school, so once I'm out, there will be LOTS of time (and money) to build a bigger collection! :)

See you around the forum.

Matt M

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I like the idea of "Western Massachusetts" as much as I like "Eastern California."

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of lever gun fans here. Me included.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the welcome. I have lived in western Massachusetts for 24 years now (half my life). I've met some good people here, especially at the sanctuaries - gun clubs. And to reply to jmortimer, I was born and raised in western Pennsylvania. I came from an area where gun racks in vehicles with guns was a common sight. Things just aren't the same in Mass; however, many of firearms sisters and brethren are still feverishly fighting the good fight to keep our 2nd amendment rights as intended.

LeverLover

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from another newbie!!

Where you from in Western Mass.?
I am just over the boarder in Columbia Co., NY.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome here, LL

Rules are simple: be nice and join in. We're glad your here and I look forward to hearing from you. You'll find you have a lot in common with a lot of the guys here. It's the friendliest place on the net!

What do you all shoot? What levers do you have/want? Do you do any competition?

The only lever I have is a Browning BL-22, but then again, I'm in school, so once I'm out, there will be LOTS of time (and money) to build a bigger collection! :)

See you around the forum.

Matt M
Hi Matt M. Thanks for the warm welcome. My only lever action at this time is a Winchester model 94 in .30-.30 from about 1981. I also have some Mossberg shotguns, a S&W model 17 and some black powder rifles. Currently I'm not doing any competition; however, I will be getting back to bulls eye competitions soon. My dream lever actions would be pre 1964 Winchester 1894's and 1895's. I also wouldn't mind a Winchester model 12 shotgun, and S&W models 14 and 19 to match my model 17.

LeverLover

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from another newbie!!

Where you from in Western Mass.?
I am just over the boarder in Columbia Co., NY.
Hi PaulB,

I'm about 15 minutes or so away from Smith and Wesson. I've never taken the factory tour; however, that is definitely one of my future plans. The S&W store is fun and they have a good range.

LeverLover

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thank you all for the welcome. I have lived in western Massachusetts for 24 years now (half my life). I've met some good people here, especially at the sanctuaries - gun clubs. And to reply to jmortimer, I was born and raised in western Pennsylvania. I came from an area where gun racks in vehicles with guns was a common sight. Things just aren't the same in Mass; however, many of firearms sisters and brethren are still feverishly fighting the good fight to keep our 2nd amendment rights as intended.

LeverLover
Same here the better/eastern "half" at odds with the western "half." Actually about 80% of the land mass of the state is "Red." We are out numbered as evidenced by our many "progressive" gun control laws. At least I can shoot all I want on my property whcih is a rare thing here in Southern California.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It sounds like you have a similar problem to me: I live in Maryland where the city of Baltimore and a couple of counties dictate to the rest of the state. We have some pretty onerous rules, too, but you can navigate through them with a little work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts