Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.... I figured I may as well introduce myself to the members of this forum. I love to hunt, and usually use the internet to thoroughly research items that I about to purchase, work on, etc..... I kept pulling up this forum, and the amount of great information along with the experience and expertise of its members kept me coming back until I finally decided to join so I could ask a few questions (I still have a few more to ask..). In other words, I feel the members here are of a "higher caliber" so-to-speak.

Also, I was born in southwestern Idaho, and noticed Beartooth Bullets along with plenty of members are from such a great state. I've lived in NC for approxiamtely 25 years now, but I like to get back and visit my relatives and hunt whenever I can.

My hats off to Idaho Fish and Game. I took the hunters safety course when I was 11 back in 1982. Of course I lost my card through the years. I emailed them, and they sent me a replacement within 5 days.... wow...

Anyway, I am sure I will keep learning a lot. I still have plenty more questions to ask because I am gettin' an '06 ready for next hunting season. I would lilke to ad a big-bore to my hunting arsenal and maybe something for varmints up to the size of coyotes/wolves. Also, I would like to start reloading, and probably buy some Beartooth Bullets for my 30/30. They look exactly like what I am looking for. I'll bet they work on hogs just as well as deer.

Well.... I better get off here. I type really, and can ramble forever..... happy hunting and shooting and be safe

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Welcome from another NC transplant. I'm an Air Force brat but joined the Army, now after I retired bought a house down near Holden Beach (never home though). Hickory is a mighty nice place, glad to have you here.

CD

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome here. If you've been lurking for a while, you know the rules: Be nice and join in. (Others in the stickies as well.)

Guys here are fantastic, that's for sure. They are very smart and treat newbs like me very well. If your looking to start handloading, try going here. It's where I'm starting (although I havn't actually started loading yet -I'll finish school first).

Enjoy your stay. I'll see you around the forum. :)

Matt M

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading some of your posts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I meant "really fast".... and I leave out words from time to time.... thanks
That's the great thing about the edit button. I've been know to hit it more than once to correct my grammatical errors.:eek: Welcome to the forum and belated welcome to the state.:D

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
good to have you.. if i couldn t live here in n.c. or s.c. ,,idaho would be my next choice..i was real impressed when i visited several years ago..
i don t mean to laugh at your home state name choice..were they hoping to get as many men to come there as posible..my wife lived there an i use to kid her about the name idaho..all the time..slim:)
ps..i kinda say what comes to mind.. no offence to you good folk..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts