Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would say Hi to everyone. I am on a couple of other gun forums and I love them so when I found this one I had to join. A little about myself. I'm a 31 year old married male(no kids) from Southern Missouri. I have been around guns my whole life. I was raised in a house with guns and but no gunsafe but somehow had enough common sense to know that I was not to touch my Dads guns without permission. I'm a disabled veteran(10%). Served US Army 1990-1993. Don't really like to talk about it too much but I'm proud of what I did and support our soldiers 100%. Right now I own 4 guns. I have an ancient 410 shotgun that is a wall hanger now. I have a single barrel 12 gauge that I traded a power drill for. LOL I have a Taurus model 82, (basically a copy of the S&W model 10) and my baby which is a Taurus model 455. It's a 45 acp revolver. It takes moonclips and is just AWESOME. I don't know what I'm gonna get next. I promised my wife after I got the Taurus 455 we would get her a laptop and a couple of other things so my next toy will have to wait for a while. :( Well I've said enough, I hope to talk to yall real soon.

Attachments

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,962 Posts
Welcome to the board, ducktapehero - I'm sure you'll enjoy the many various forums here.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Welcome to the board!

A laptop for a Taurus?? That doesn't seem fair to me! Nothing wrong with Taurus, but this trade seems a little skewed. )

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
ducktapehero,

Love your handle!

Sounds like you'll be right at home here. Pull up a chair, and read a while, and make yourself comfortable.

We'll look forward to hearing from you. Oh, and be careful of those laptop for guns trades..... almost sounds like a toys'r us scam. But at least you got your toy!

God Bless,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could have gotten any gun I wanted but when I got about $400 saved up I couldn't wait any longer. LOL I was also considering a Smith 625 but figured being able to hold 1 more shot wasn't worth $200 and also waiting for another month. I wanted something now!!!! I have all of a sudden fallen in love with revolvers that take moonclips. I think I'm gonna get a 1917 Smith and Wesson or Colt in 45acp next. The ones made to make up for the shortage in the 1911s during WWI.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,235 Posts
Duck, you did the right thing. Taurus guns are a heck of a buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts