Shooters Forum banner

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rmouleart 
#1 ·
i'll try to keep this short, probably won't succeed though!

born in wurzburg germany, son of an army sergeant from killdeer north dakota, and a fine red-headed woman from canon city, colorado. said birth happend in 1971, which makes me old enough to know better, but still a little too young to care sometimes.

have lived in montana all my life, except a brief few years in spearfish south dakota. currently live in lewistown, montana, and i love it. as an outdoorsman it offers every fishing, hunting anf camping opportunity you could think of. mountains, plains and prairie are all within a few minutes, and the people are great too.

the same awesome woman has been putting up with me for 13 years, and we have been married for eleven of them. i have four boys ranging from 12 years to 6 months, and i am happy to report that we have finally found out what was causing them!

my wife is a registered nurse, and i work in the hospitality industry as i have for the last 11 years. it doesn't have much to do with a history degree, but you would be surprised how much it comes in handy. any degree is a good one, but living where i do and working where i work i am glad i went towards history instead of business.

as far as interests, there are the obvious (hunting, fishing, camping, travel, shooting, and history) and the not-so obvious (computers, dungeons and dragons, music, geology, and cooking). in short, i'll give just about anything a try.....

now to the good stuff! my rifles!

i own a marlin m781 .22, which was my first gun and still my favorite. i don't have a picture of it but you all know what they look like~ sitting on top is a little tasco 3-7 .22 scope, which has served me well.

next up i have a howa m1500 in .223. this has turned out to be a HECK of a shooter. as most of you know, howa and weatherby are pretty much one-in-the-same, with the howa being not quite so "purty." i don't have a picture of it, but here is a picture from howa's website.

sitting on top is a sightron s1 3-9x40mm.

this combination is pretty good for target shooting, gophers or varmints. hope to do a little coyote hunting with it this winter!

next up i ahve a marlin 336cs in .30-30 that i bought new-in-box for 200 in september. it was unfired until 12 october, when i took it to the range. shot six shots, all in a one-inch group that surrounded the bullseye, except for one which went right thhrough the bullseye. to put it simply, i LOVE this rifle!

sitting on top is a simmons 44mag 2-7x44mm scope, which in my opinion has to be the perfect deer scope for the perfect deer rifle. the 2-7 magnification is just right for .30-30 ranges, and the 44mm objective is just the ticket for dawn and dusk, which is when i do most of my deer hunting.

fnially we have my pride and joy; a herter's model J-9 in .308. manufactured in yugoslavia by zastava in the mid-to-late 60's, this rifle has a mauser 98 action and a 23.5 inch douglas barrel. accuracy is PERFECT as long as i am not shooting it, and it is pretty good when i am the one pulling the trigger....(i need more practice!!). french walnut stock, milled-steel action, floorplate and triggerguard. this is the same rifle that charles daly is now importing, and i highly recommend them.

sitting on top is a tasco world class plus 3-9x44mm, which makes it a great muley scope and rifle combination.

i see i did not live up to my promise to keep it short!! hope i didn't bore you all totally to death, but i ahve to admit i am rather proud of my rifles and my family, which we have managed to keep together for quite a few years thanks to hard work and the grace of god.

peace to all, and have a good holiday season.

ron
www.baitshopboys.com

p.s. the handle tasunkawitko comes from the sioux (lakota) language. translated it means crazy horse, the name of a man whom i believe to the greatest patriot on this continent. sure, he was on the losing side, but so was william wallace......

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.