Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few years ago the transfer bar broke in half in my new model blackhawk. bought one at gun show from a man who carried ruger parts, carried it home and installed it. much to my dismay the bar wouldn't come up far enough to cover the firing pin when the trigger was pulled. i assumed i must have bought the wrong part. i removed the bar, built up about 3/16's of an inch on the top of the bar with weld and ground it to the proper shape, reinstalled it in my gun and shot for the next 2 years until it broke again. i ordered 1 from numrich arms being careful to get the right one but when it came , it too was too short. wonder if i have a problem with my trigger not lifting it high enough, not living right, etc. anyone have an opinion. i'm still shooting using a modified bar. thanks , hub.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hubbard

Unless your gun has a trigger stop installed, and even then is usually not the problem.

I know Numrich/Gun Parts Co. has been around a long time, but my experience with them has not ben good.  The last thing I ordered from them (and I mean last!) was a 20 ga. M-11 Rem. magazine spring, They sent a 12!.  This wasn't the only time, but it will be the last.  The people they have pulling parts don't really seem to know what they are doing.

Just as a suggestion, next time you need parts got to the manufacturer or Brownell's.  If the part you get from these sources doesn't work then send the gun to the factory, it has some other serious problem.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hubbard,

Are you sure the orginal transfer bar covered the entire firing pin. It has been almost 20 years since I had a NBH, but I seem to recall that mine only covered about 1/2 to 3/4 of the firing pin right out of the box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the original bar didn't completely cover the firing pin but the new bars i've received  cover none of the pin. i found this after my gun failed to fire. i can lengthen them slightly and it works as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts