Shooters Forum banner

New Old Guy

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  gunpa 
#1 ·
Hey y'all! I have been lurnking in the back and finally decided to step into the melee. I like a lot of different perspectives and always look to learn more. There are some great folks and great topics on here.
I'm glad I stumbled across this board and was let in. I am no one important, just an average guy. Married with daughters. I have been in FIRE/EMS/LEO GOE 25+ years. I have seen thing I wish my brain could unsee, Yet I am glad that I was there to be the clam in the storm. I don't advertise that much, I am not Ricky Rescue.
I am a guy, that likes to shoot, teach his family to shoot and owns a few weapons. By weapons, I mean pistols and rifles, nothing like Dolly's weapons of mass distraction, just sayin.
Anyway, I tend to type a lot, rad a lot and listen a lot. I hope that this is ok. I assume that someone will tell me to shut up, once in a while, I'm used to it(married).
Oh, I almost forgot, nothing pleases me more than to hear my girls disdain, "Daaadddyyyh why?" Or "Daaaaddyyy really?", as I do my best to embarrass them in front of their friends. Oddly, the friends think I'm the "cool dad", and seem to come to me with life questions.
My girls(wife included) are my work. My kids, admit publicly, that they tell me everything, Wouldn't change it for the world!
Thanks for the add! Looking forward to the rode!
Steve

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome from a retired EMTD. The things you can't unsee is why I had to retire. PTSD they call it.

So, do all your girls shoot?

RJ

#6 ·
Yes, welcome. Is there a difference between a new old guy and an old new guy? Bet some of you have to read that twice.

I taught my kids to shoot, one boy, two girls .... now one man and two women. So far I still maintain bragging rights with the rifles but that won't last forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.