Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a rather explicit 911 tape making the rounds on the news today about a lady living in a very rural area who had to shoot an intruder while she was on the phone with 911 operator. The news broadcast I heard made it a point to note she used a 16 gauge.:confused: Will the 16ga make a comeback as a home defense gun?

The perp was high on drugs and forceably entered her home so there were no charges filed against her. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I never assign the least significance to any journalistic reference to a gun. I don't think there's a journalist alive who knows beans about them.

Our local newspaper is a good example. Over the years, whenever a story has involved a shotgun, they have always called it a ".12 gauge" shotgun.

Now, since guage is determined by the number of pure lead balls of bore diameter that makes a pound, I figure that .12 gauge would handle about an 8 pound ball. Now THAT'S a home defense shotgun!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
LOL, pisgah... they used to call cannons by what they fired... that'd be an 8-pounder ;)

Yeah, I saw that news clip, too. Pretty sad that she had to go through that. There is somewhere you can get the entire 911 call recording but I haven't listened to it (no plans to listen to it, either).

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,121 Posts
At least she survived. And yeah, if you want a good laugh, read the newspaper accounts of anything regarding firearms.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bill O'Rielly, Fox News had the 911 recording on last night. You can hear the door/glass break as he smashed his way in and then the shot. The Lady was very calm and cool. She was in my opinion one ****'ve woman. mygila

·
Banned
505 Posts
Yeah I listened to the 911 call on-line and heard it on the radio and I have to say that I am glad the lady shot the guy! I could hear she didn't want to and that the cops were telling to do what she had to do and to shot the guy. It was great! 16 gauge huh! All most bought a drilling from Germany with 2 16 gauge barrels and a 8mm barrels maybe now I'll have to get it! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts