Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
SCSOUTH,I also have the Dillon 550, have pushed close to a million (thats right) rounds thru it. I load for a hobby and do a bunch for family and several friends. On the 45acp I use the Lee crimp die. I work part time in a gun shop and we have a dillon set up for show (in 45acp) I made up several Dummie rds using rn swc cast and jacketed. people tell me that their gun wont feed cast or swc. I can take any 45 in the shop and run the mixed rounds thru it. Several people have had me run the rounds thru their guns, and they cycle with no probs. Its just a simple matter matter of getting it set right and leaving it set. I have tool heads for all the cals. I load and leave the dies set up ready to go. I have two powder measures, one set up with the large powder bar and one with the small powder bar. Planning on getting another 550 press and using one for pistols one for rifles. I load 380, 9mm, 30carbine, 40s&w, 41 mag,44 spl/mag 45acp, 45colt, 454, 223, 22-250, 300sav, 30/30, 7x57, 7mag 30/06, 338mag, 8x57, and my all time fav. 45/70. Yes I have a couple of dollars wrapped up but it been gathered over the years and some of the people I load for have purchased dies, shell plates, etc. As for pistol dies all I use and recommend is Carbide dies

Gun Runner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts