Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my new rifle in .357 20" barrel shoots magnum loads 16-18" high with rear sight adj. all the way down. This is no good so today I removed the leaf and bent it in a vice to apply more downward pressure on the sliding adjuster. The leaf didn't have any spring pressure in last notch now it has plenty. I also modified slider by cutting off fwd. 3/16" so that the leaf can set down on the curved portion beyond the lowest adj. notch. If this is still not enough I will file off the top of the rear sight.
BTW, i chrono'd everything I shot yesterday. The 158 gr. flat point Winchester's shot 1840 +or -, the 148 gr. Win. silver bullet were shooting 2030 to 2050 fps! Does this sound right? Sounds way high to me. I will try my sight work tomorrow.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.