Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
mossy,
How about a bit more information about what you are asking us to link to. Pls read this:

http://www.shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=67348

In particular:
  • Do not post a link without including a statement as to why anyone should want to read it and how that link is relevant to your topic or to shooting sports in general. (That is called drive-by posting and is against board policy; don’t expect a link to speak for itself.)

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Typical Madison Avenue advertising making claims for problems that don't exist! Don't really see much in the way of new technology that hasn't been on the market for some time. Convient absence of retail pricing for the a new product. Bottom line for me it does nothing, camo turns me off, suspect it will weigh too much for extended field carry and my existing shotgun does everything I need but shot 3.5" shell which I don't need.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hailstone is right, the camo is just paint over plastic. Will not ever take the place of a nice piece of walnut. If I need cmmo there are tapes that can cover the wood and be removed at the end of the days hunting.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mossy,
How about a bit more information about what you are asking us to link to. Pls read this:

http://www.shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=67348

In particular:
  • Do not post a link without including a statement as to why anyone should want to read it and how that link is relevant to your topic or to shooting sports in general. (That is called drive-by posting and is against board policy; don’t expect a link to speak for itself.)
Shawn,
Sorry didn't mean to offend. I just got the email last night from Remington and thought it was interesting and thought I would share the link here just to let folks know that there was a new shotgun out there. Just trying to get thoughts from others on the new offering.

And the whole camo vs black sythetic vs walnut is 100% personal choice. I personally to not need or want a nice peice of walnut while stomping through the duck marsh. Now on my deer rifle I do like nice walnut. to each his own.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
To me it seems to be a trend toward techy stuff and away from conventional, like plastics and such for steel, poly for wood and Buck Rodgers for clean, crisp lines. I think the gun is ugly and the price is too, something like $1400 suggested retail. Have not seen or handled one but they look chunky and I hope heavy if you are gonna feed those sticks of dynamite into it! My years of "Bigger is Better" are far behind me and I have no need for a 3 1/2" 12 gauge.
It doesn't appeal to me and I doubt I'll ever own one.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
I have a Remington 1100 2 3/4" that I really like for it's versitility. Plastic stock. Matte finish. Choke tubes. It does a good job for a lot of tasks around here.

Very simple and easy to maintain. I like it for what it is.

I'd not trade it for what you are looking at Mossy.

That said, I'll bet that is a real well engineered scatter-gun! Give it a try and give us a report on what you think of it.

Cheezywan

·
Super Moderator
3,830 Posts
It depends what you prefer

I saw this link yesterday and was unimpressed. For the M.S.R.P. of the new shotgun, I could buy four or five excellent used Remington Model 1100s. Since I already have that many 1100s, I an really not interested. So it depends what you prefer. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Remington 1100 2 3/4" that I really like for it's versitility. Plastic stock. Matte finish. Choke tubes. It does a good job for a lot of tasks around here.

Very simple and easy to maintain. I like it for what it is.

I'd not trade it for what you are looking at Mossy.

That said, I'll bet that is a real well engineered scatter-gun! Give it a try and give us a report on what you think of it.

Cheezywan
LOL thanks for the thoughts Cheezyan but I have no intention of getting a new shotgun probley ever I was just starting a descusion on this new remington. I started with an 870 i got when i was 12 and that filled all my needs just fine. i didn't upgrade till 14 years later when i recieved a Benelli Black eagle (camo) as a job bonus from a homeowner. I will use that one as long as posible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Based on their most recent new product releases, the 105CTI & 105CTI-II (now discontinued) and the 887 Nitro-Mag (off to a rocky start), I think they are going to have a tough time regaining their customer's trust.

In order for this gun to be a success, it's going to have to be a "home-run", there are a lot of folks that have a sour taste in their mouths and even if the gun is good (not great) it's going to get bashed... Also, the higher price point is going to force the comparison to the Maxus, the SBE-II, and the A400, tough competition....

Here's a link to someone who's shot one and got to take it apart:
http://allaboutshooting.com/article_...c983caae36df84

I wish them luck, but it will be an uphill battle from the start....

Smitty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts