Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remington 700 sendero SF II, in 300 RUM. I have a long range scope with a 30 mm maintube. I need a mounting system that is better than two individual bases. I have seen custom guns with sturdy one piece mounts. I don't know where to get a very nice one piece scope mounting system. When I say one piece system, I mean one piece base.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,917 Posts
Can find them in any firearms supply catalog (Midway, Natchez, Midsouth, Graf & Sons, etc) under Leupold products.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, maybe I should have been more clear. Something worthy of putting on a $3000 setup, not generic parts. Like I said, something custom, and something someone might have had some experience with. I have seen custom bases for very accurate rifles, they might cost $250 just for the bases.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Look at the tactical ring and base options from Badger Ordinance, Leupold, Night Force, etc. They are beefy and very strong. I like the TSR rings from www.Brownells.com . They are every bit as good as Badger or Leupold at half the price and are built to some very tight tolerances.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a remington 700 sendero SF II, in 300 RUM. I have a long range scope with a 30 mm maintube. I need a mounting system that is better than two individual bases. I have seen custom guns with sturdy one piece mounts. I don't know where to get a very nice one piece scope mounting system. When I say one piece system, I mean one piece base.
Have a look at Nightforce. Their rings are very well made - machined out of a steel billet. They make one piece or two piece mounts. The one piece is a Picatinny style.
http://nightforceoptics.com/nightforcescopes/RINGS__BASES___MOUNTS/rings__bases___mounts.html

I have Nightforce rings on one of my custom rifles. I'm pretty happy with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts