Shooters Forum banner

New Server

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  csward 
#1 ·
Just wanting to welcome everyone to the new server. We're hoping to have the whole Beartooth Bullets system moved within the week, however the Shooters Forum was the first priority. You'll notice that I have changed the default template for viewing the forums, this is to aid our viewers in the speed of the forum, hopefully enhancing your experience on the boards. If speed isn't an issue, and you preffer the navagation bar on the left, simply log into your User CP, go to Edit Options, and towards the bottom of the page you can select Full Navagation from the Templates option.

Thank you all for your patience during the transfer, and I look forward to your comments.

Alex Stanton

#4 ·
Hopefully you didn't experience any significant problems with down-time when we made this change to the new server. Alex put in massive amounts of time, pre-configuring everything so that it was a pretty seamless change. My many thanks to Alex for his selfless investment of time and his expertise in making this happen for us.

On the new server, as already noted you should see a marked improvement in the speed of the board. Too, we've graduated from our previous host having really taxed the server there. We should see improved performance all around on the website due to a server with more CPU capacity available to us!

Many thanks to all who have helped, and through the year contributed to the forum fund to make this happen. It took a while to put the nuts and bolts of this move together, but we're now hosted by BeartoothWeb.com. My heartfelt thanks to all who have stood with us through this last year and continued to support this effort!

More later, but for now thank you, and God Bless,

Marshall

#7 ·
NEW SERVER

HI ALEX AND MARSHALL,

THANK YOU FOR HAVING SUCH A QUALITY WEBSITE THAT HELPS SO VERY MANY PEOPLE LIKE THIS OLD MAN.

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU ATTRACT THE HIGH QUALITY OF FORUM MEMBERS, BUT YOUR SYSTEM AND YOUR PRODUCTS AND YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HELP CURRENT AND FUTURE CUSTOMERS OF BEARTOOTH IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

SO FAR THE ONLY MEMBER THAT WAS MARGINALLY ANTAGONISTIC HAS BEEN ME, AND I AM SO EMBARRASSED TO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT. BUT---WHAT IS---IS---AS BILL CLINTON LIKED TO SAY.

:) CHUCK

#8 ·
Chuck, glad to have you hear. You don't know the half of it.... there are some pretty sorry people on the Internet and we are indeed fortunate that we don't have to deal with some of the crap other sites do on a daily basis.

#9 ·
new server

HI MIKE G,

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE A MEMBER OF SUCH A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE. I'LL TRY TO EARN THEIR RESPECT AS THEY HAVE ALREADY EARNED MINE.

MANY HAVE HELPED ME IN SO MANY WAYS, THAT IT BOGGLES MY MIND. OF COURSE, MY WIFE TELLS ME THAT MY MIND IS IN A CONSTANT STATE OF BEING BOGGLED.:)

BEST REGARDS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL,

:D CHUCK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.