Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guy/girls , I'm new here but not to shooting ( well somewhat ) . I've hunted all my life , I just got into target shooting and hunt varments . I dont spell well so hope ya'll dont mind . I live in north La. as of now and do lots of on the road work building wind farms . I'm looking to get married soon and my wife to be loves to shoot herself . her gun of choice is my old ruger 10-22 . guess thats all i'll say about us for now and get to my question well i'll make a new post about that subject .

·
Super Moderator
13,632 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in and have fun and play nicely with the rest of us kids. Other rules are in stickies at the top of the General and Technical forums.

. . . my wife to be loves to shoot herself. . .
That sounds dangerous. ;)

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another N. LA member. Looking forward to reading some of your posts. Wind farms? I have heard of growing rocks but not wind.;) Even though my wife's deer chili does produce a certain amount.....

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
whats it cost me to get just one wind farm plant.. by the way don t try an take my specialty ..miss spelling wds.. im the king here. slim.. grin

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Welcome to the ShootersForum, Tex. I'm sure you'll find lots of friendly folks on here with great answers to all of your shooting questions.

The wife and I hunted within a few miles of a wind farm this year...it was pretty neat watching them all spin around and thinkin' maybe with enough of 'em we'll pass on a better energy future to our children.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tex!
Tell your wife not to shoot herself! It can't be that bad!
If you go up to the top of those windmills you have a bigger pair than I do! My hat is off to you.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the upcoming date.

CD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahhhh its not that bad up there , most of them are under 300 feet tall . i think clipper makes the tallest in the USA as of right now . if you had a 50 cal it would be a great deer stain lol .

Thanx to all for the warm welcome .

·
Registered
69 Posts
before I got hurt ! the place I worked hauled the hub's and other parts needed to put them up! I was up in Canada once when a truck slipped in the ditch and we where trapped on the site for hours in the woods !!! the guy's that put the blades on are crazy IMO.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'd be one of them guy you speak of lol its not that bad at all , now the blade walkers are the crazy ones . no safty gear at all and they walk the blades up in the air sometimes 290 feet up with 30 mile an hour winds . now that aint for me at all . if i had to go out there i would look like a cat squrial lol

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
i feel a bit challenged by your spelling..but im still better by a little mabe..grin..
i use to do tree work by myself..[i don t recommend it..]
but my elderly customers just couldn t afford a regular service..
i was able bodied.. but that like many other things i did are things my mamas prayer
got me through.. of that im convinced..i did it because[ i guess my only excuse] my wife would have had more money if id made a mistake up there,an got myself exstinguished..slim
ps i was a climbing fool, at one time..well at least the latter..grin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts