Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about receiver sight for my henry 44 carbine. A little too heavy with scope on. May need taller front sight, and don't know about 73 year old eyes. I think williams makes two different sights for it, the wgrs-336 and FP 336. Will give them a call. Anyone have input?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
This is the only picture I have of the new Williams sight for the Henry.
Williams does not have a picture on their web page but they list the price at $24.95.

I want this one but not certain it really exists.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Williams WGRS 336 sight can be satisfactorily mounted on a centerfire Henry without having to hang off the rear of the receiver or requiring an additional hole drilled & tapped.
Simply install the sight in reverse and flip the windage slider around backwards and it looks like it was made for it! Personally I do not care for the Skinner sight and this is a satisfactory - and much less expensive alternative.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I've used both the Williams and the Skinner sights and as mentioned above, the Skinner isn't as adjustable as the Williams. I like the looks and quality of the Skinner, but it's not as "user friendly" for shooting. However, once set up for both height and left-right, it's pretty usable. Williams has a good variety of different size apertures to use for different lighting conditions and "old eyes".....which makes it nice for us seniors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cloverleaf sight

have taken an interest in the cloverleaf rear and front sight in green and red for my henry. need to call for fit. still undecided

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
I put the Skinner sight on my Henry and never could get the rear sight low enough, or the front blade tall enough, to be able to line up POA and POI at 50 yards.

Might be time to try the Williams receiver sight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts