Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been treating a place not to far from where I live for mosquito's since last week. Got time to sit and talk with the old guy today and he gave me permission to fish his pond and hunt coyotes. He has 60 acres of prime real estate for this area, mostly creek bottom, while I was reconnoitering the place I found treestand, be interesting to find out if he's given someone permission to hunt there.
Anyways, going to try and fish the pond on sunday, looks awesome, if it turns out to be great I'll try and lease the hunting and fishing rights.

Registered
What a nice spot Kevin!! Let us know what you catch. Most of my freshwater fishing growing up was on tanks and ponds like that. I still miss doing it.

Reactions: Pudfark and jimboro

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you never know how things like this will go, Sunday night I took the wife over to the pond and I knew I was in trouble the minute I walked up to the edge and looked at the water.
Sometime in the last 4 days the lake turned over, looked like green pea soup! We fished anyway, didn't catch anything but the owner came down and we had nice conversation with him and got invited back anytime. Got the rundown on the depth of the lake and species of fish, hopefully it will stabilize and clear up in the next couple of weeks. Lots of red wing blackbirds, barn and tree swallows. The swallows put on a good show taking insects off the top of the pond right in front of us. He has quite a few deer at the place, they came down and waited patiently for us to leave before jumping over the gate and getting a drink. Thinking on a return trip I'll take my fish finder and have a look around under the surface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts