Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking of getting into BP for next season (first season :D ) and I wanted to know what to look for. Just some helping hands pointing me in the direction I need to look.

Was thinking of getting a starter kit like the T/C Omega starter or get a cheap gun like this and getting all the accessories I need afterwords. Are these good guns to look into?

Where would you start? I have someone near me that might be able to help me out, but I don't actually know him so I thought I would ask here first.

Part of the reason of going to muzzle loaders is a competition I'm having with a friend: who can get their first dear first. I thought I'd cheat - best way of winning I figured.

I'm not totally sure I'm going to stick with it, but I thought I'd give it a try to see how I like it - wanting to do it on the cheap.

Edit - oops, wrong forum sorry :$

·
Registered
14 Posts
BP Advocate

BP is seen as 'dirty, smelly' stuff.....................................but do it right and it cleans up easier(non-toxic) than smokless. I am a 'traditionalist' so I shoot patch and ball with my ML.......a beautiful Hawken by Pedersoli.....54 cal..............groups 4 inches at 100 yards..................don't believe in conicals and such...........but that's me. My son and I plan a local deer hunt next season with BP and I will use my Hawken. The modern ML are fine if that is what you want but I suggest you do a bit of research on-line and evasluate the options open to you..............JMHO.

Mc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts