Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Joe, I'm new to this forum.

Anyway I just received a CVA Bobcat .50 caliber black powder rifle, it works great. The thing is this is my first black powder rifle, so I was hoping to get some info from some of you on this forum on the basics and do's and don'ts. It came in a trade from a buddy who needed a stereo for his car and some speakers, so he traded the bobcat, I've been picking guns up at local shops for a year or so now, I've never had a smoke pole before. But is this a decent gun, what are some of the things I should know about it, I know you can get it at walmart, they're not the nicest lookin guns around but it has tru glow sights and he gave me some sabots and some percussion caps. What is the correct powder and measurements for safe firing on this gun?

Thanks
-Joe-

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, so is the tecnique the same with a sabot as it is a round ball or is it just a little different, I've noticed black powder is expensive, about 45 bucks for a container at the local sports shop, do they have different sizes of containers that you can get or are you stuck buying a large container? I've also noticed that they have pellets available. Do these require a special gun or can you use them in any gun?

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to pick up some powder from walmart soon then, I'm looking forward to this new rifle now, I was going to sell it but I think I will try muzzle loader season here in Iowa and see if I can get a deer.

-Joe-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.