Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to try my hand at casting .380 for my LCP and PPK/S. I would also like to cast for my 9MM Wolf barreled Glock.

Couple of questions. I have been using jacketed bullets in all three. They shoot well. If I mic the cast bullets will that be the size for the lead bullets? Also do lead bullets require lube?

I have been using 90gr .380 and 115gr 9mm. Is there a style and weight will will work for both?

I forgot to ask. What is the goin rate for lead now? Where do you guys look? I go to scrap yards but that has been years ago.

thanks for the help

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Normally, you size 9mm lead bullets to .356". Slight variations occur in barrels, so some guys insist that you should slug and mike your barrel. "Do you know how to do that?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I read a thread about slugging the barrel. Seems you run a lead bullet through there that is known to be a bit large. Then mic it. Thats all well and good but the trick is to get a lead bullet the size that is just over size. I guess I could use a ml slug turn it down on the lathe to just over size and push that through but..
So the answer is yes and no. That's all I know about slugging a barrel. LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think you need a 000 buck pellet to slug a .380/9mm bore. If i am not remembering correctly, surely someone will be along to correct me.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Search function of this board is your best friend thumbs. Lots of good reading about all of your question(s).

Iowaloha
Cheezywan

·
Registered
43 Posts
ive only tried 2 bullets in my omc /amt back up , kiltech 380s a lee 356-102-1r and a saeco# 380- 95gr rnbb . both work well !
for the 9mm / 38 super i have 3 saecos moulds #377 122 tcbb, #384 122 gr rn and a #929 145gr swcbb and a rcbs #124 rn-gc
any bullet may work except the #929 as long as they will seat to correct c.o.l. a slight bulge in the case from deep seating the heaver than normal weight can probly be ignored as long as it will chamber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts