Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my names Joe, just joined up on here to find out more about whats going on with the goverment regarding firearms and to find out good buys and guns to stay away from, at 20 I'm really not seasoned and my collection is pretty small so far. But I'm always wanting to learn and experience new things, such as sky diving, I don't plan on doing it anytime soon as I am out of shape and fat kids don't bounce well... But a little info on me; Born in Cedar Rapids Iowa, went to a foster family at 4 months old, and that family adopted me at 4. Plan on meeting my origonal parents some day but for now I'm just a small town Iowan, Currently live in Shell Rock Iowa with my parents and I'm attending Hawkeye Community college in waterloo Iowa for collision repair and auto refinishing. But I've been growin up in rural iowa on a acreage my whole life and hunting small game and white tail deer is a big thing in my family. Brother in law is a local sherrif and my other two brother in laws are in corrections as well. But thats a quick lession on me I guess.

But I figured I'd introduce myself here,

heres the list of guns I have in my collection so far
Remington model 11-48 Sportsman 48 20 Gauge
Remington 870 express magnum 12 gauge
Marlin model 60 .22 cal rifle
and I just got a CVA bobcat .50 cal in a trade for some old speakers and a stereo out of a car I sold a while back.

·
Premium Member
7,587 Posts
Iowan,
Welcome. Sounds like you grew up in a nice environment. Hope your other two brothers-in-law are on the right side of the corrections system!:p

Take some time to read the 'stickys' for the forums you'll be visiting; some good info in those. Watch the politics...discussion in the political arena only allowed when directly related to 2nd amendment issues; read the stickys.

Look fwd to you joining in.

·
Inactive account
541 Posts
Welcome here! It's a great place - lots of guys that have mountains of experience.

As the greeting here goes: Rules are simple: Be nice and join in.

I"m 25, but it seems to me you have a whole lot more experience than I do: I've never been hunting once (something I plan on changing this season). All I have is 3 .22's: Browning BL-22, Remington Nylon 66, and a CZ 452. I'm here to learn from the experienced folks as well.

That's a good program. I'm taking engineering technology, but trades are in demand --> you'll likely get paid more than me. :rolleyes: That's ok. I love what I'm doing.

See you around the forum.

Matt M

·
Banned
720 Posts
Welcome Iowan. I live in East Central Kansas, but I have been through your area on my way up to the Nashua, Fredericksburg, and New Hampton area to visit dad's side of the family. One of dad's cousins retired from the John Deere foundry in Waterloo as a crane operator.

You found a good forum. I am not on here as much as I used to (or as much as I like), but it is a real good place and the Mods do a good job keeping things under control and civil. If that is what you want, you will like it here!

·
Banned
41 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I've been reading some of the stickys and its nice to find out whats going on in the industry and politically, I'm hoping to get some info on a good rifle to pick up for coyote hunting, was looking at a few .30-06's and some lighter guns, theres a local gun show coming up in waterloo Iowa this friday and saterday that I am hoping to go to, I need to find a new fore end and barrel for my 11-48. And I'd like to find a fairly good rifle. Never been introduced to rifles much.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,202 Posts
LilIowan -

Welcome to the board.

It would be better if you made a new post in the "Rifles and Rifle Cartridges" forum to ask about rifle models and brands. The General Discussion forums is best saved for generic welcome and things that just don't fit in any of the other forums.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.