Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,I have been running around in the site till today.you know looking at all the site had to offer.but came across the forum that has Sunday school lessons.well I had to say to myself,this is a great place to join.so I did and now posting for the first time with you guys.

I will add by saying I love to shoot and hunt.I even reload my own.so most of my time will be reading in the reloading section trying to help out and learn more if I can.been doing the reloading for about 12 years now so I have some info to give and alot more to learn.just hope that I can meet new friends and make the best out of it I can.so what have ya lets be friends.

thanks,John

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey John, welcome aboard! The mods like to point out that stickies are at the top of each forum and contain useful info and board rules, so give those a look.

You'll find lots of friends and brothers here. This is the best gun forum on the internet! Play nice, join in. I look forward to chatting with you!

I'm getting into reloading very soon (once I'm out of school) so I'll bump into you over there.

What do you all shoot? Hunt? Targets? Competition? What do you want to get into? What have you done before? Chances are there is someone that has similar experience and interests so tell us about yourself and you'll be sure to make friends!

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Rules here are simple, be polite, join in often, and avoid the politics.
READ the STICKYS!!

They do offer some insight.
Stay a spell, we hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I guess more info about me would be nice.I hunt mostly white tail deer.seem to take one a year for the family to eat.my reloading room isn't a man cave like most of you guys have.its a room I took in my building say 6x12,and the wife call's it my DOG HOUSE.I guess becouse if I get into trouble with her.

my run of rifels are a number of cal's,223,308,300wm,50 cal black powder.see not many but they all do the job they are asked of.I got into reloading as said before 12 years ago when I meet back up with a good friend.after he passed away I was a lucky guy to have picked up a new friend.His name was Doc Lisenby who took the time to finush what BigO started.but now that Doc has passed away the computer is all that I have.I will say that I am a member of more than this site.so do not get made at me,I found them first before I found you guys.and would bet that moast are the same as me.

the biggest thing that caught my eye was the chat room with the Sunday school lessons in it.that ment alot to me when I seen the forum.It told me that this site was one more I just had to join in on.for me being around people like myself a Christian will keep me focused on the Lord just as my radio station does.89.7 from ColumbiaSC.so here you go guys/gals a little more about me.yeah one more thing I love being part of my Churchs youth group.will again be going to Summer Salt with them this summer.so if any of you guys/gals have intrest like mind it would be really nice to have ya as a friend.

John

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the board, from one South Carolinian to another!

I noticed you mentioned Columbia.....that's where I'm originally from, lived in Cayce for the first few years of my life.....then, moved to the coast, and that's where I've been for the last 30 years. But my family's history in SC goes all the way back to the Revolutionary War, to a famous General from the battle of Cowpens (he was my GGGG Grandfather)

You've been reloading about as long as me, I also got into it about 12 years ago, started with an RCBS Rock Chucker, then moved up to the RCBS 2000 progressive press. I mainly got into reloading because I did a lot of competitive shooting, and it allowed me to get in a lot more practice, as well as shooting in matches much cheaper than buying factory ammo. At one time, I probably shot between 25,000-30,000 rounds a year, in IPSC, IDPA, Practical Pistol Matches, Cowboy Action Matches, and skeet matches twice a week.

I tapered off for a few years, did more fishing and boating than shooting, but I've slowly been getting back into the swing of things....got a membership at a sporting clays club about a month ago (they also have pistol ranges, and a rifle range, as well as an archery course....I love that place!)

Anyhow, I reload about a dozen different pistol calibers, and probably that many rifle calibers, as well as 12, 16, 20, and 410 shotgun ammo.

Your handle "5R Milspec" immediately brings to mind the type of rifling that's in my Remington 700 .308 Tactical rifle.....5R Milspec. It's a very accurate rifle, to say the least.

See ya around on the forums!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I give a huge thanks to those who have replied to my first and second post.just glade Iwas able to find the site.never know how much info one may need to get or offer to some one.again thanks for the replies.john

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another hunter, shooter and reloader. You will find a lot of good information and knowledgeable folks here. Looking forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome. I think you'll find this forum tops them all when it comes to shooting, hunting, reloading, and just making friends. Hope you'll stay around a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts