Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I shoot anywhere from 100-700 shotgun rounds a week depending on schedule and weather. I was wondering what you guys shoot per week to see if I'm higher or lower than average for round count per week. I'm on a college trap team but we only practice during the school year and this is how much I shoot "off season"

And those of you who shoot a lot, I'm starting to look into getting a better trap gun in the $1800 range? I shoot doubles so I would want a semi auto or an over under. Was thinking about the Citori XT trap for an over under, or a SX3 Winchester for the semi auto option. Any other tips would be nice! (Don't offer any low quality guns, remember how many rounds I go through, I don't wanna waste my time with a gun that doesn't last or fails quite often)

I usually shoot singles, but I do shoot doubles. And I usually practice with doubles because then when you only have one it makes it much less stressful for me because it seems like half the work.

And I prefer wood stocks. Not synthetic. I also would like an adjustable cheek rest however it's not mandatory, and I like a 60/40 or 70/30 pattern, although a 50/50 isn't a deal breaker, it's a slight nuisance

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking, but I like the option of three shots (not for actual trap use, for messing around throwing Clays in the air by hand and hitting as many as possible)
Not really even close to a need, if the citori is really worth losing the option for extra shots I'll just keep up doing that with my mossberg 500 field. Makes a good challenge to hit 3 before they hit the ground for me.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
If you get a Citori for trap, be sure to get a trap model with the straighter stock. An adjustable cheekpiece is worthwhile. Longer barrels are also desirable (my Citoris have 32" barrels and my BT99 for singles and handicap 34").

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irv S
Does the trap model have a 60/40 or 70/30? I just prefer to actually see my target instead of hiding it behind the bead

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Irv S
Does the trap model have a 60/40 or 70/30? I just prefer to actually see my target instead of hiding it behind the bead
You can adjust that with the adjustable cheek-piece or an adjustable butt-plate (which I use). I don't recall what they are with fixed stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts