Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought three of the current M70's in the past twelve months or so. They're terrific! I've been onto the Winchester website regularly to try and find out if they're close to starting to putt out the 223 yet in a M70.
It's a great shame from a consumers point of view, but I understand that Winchester must have their reasons not to have brought them out yet. Given the popularity of the 223 around the world, I'm sure there's a lot of hunters like myself waiting to see the M70 range expanded.

I noticed that unlike a lot of firearm manufacturers, Winchester doesn't want/need potential customers asking them questions (I've tried emailing them using the address on their website to no avail!) because unlike some of their competitors, you can't ask Winchester questions!!!!!

Can anyone tell me what they may of known or heard about Winchester broadening their offerings in the future. I'd be more than happy to part with some hard earned cash for some more M70's once their range opens up some more.

I'll be grateful for any info would be you could pass on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you CV on all counts. Can't understand not being able to be contact by the people that buy your products. Most unusual!

Chief the only 22 calibre is 22-250 and it's not for me.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Steve, unfortunately I too have had the same experience as you have had. I've sent several emails over the years and never one response of any kind. Even if it were a go to **** email and leave us alone that would be fine, at they they then would have responded and instead have ignored. There's some really nice Savage's in 223 i bet you would find to be rather handsome. Good luck to you sir:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad that people like us can't get some simple answers. So much for customer service eh Fred! I'll look into Savage. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It seems odd as well as foolish that a company would not respond to someone who bought THREE of their rifles in the past year. A 'thank-you for your business' would be nice along with a response to your question.
It's a new American way of working called "Lean Operations". You have just enough people to keep the product going out the door, but not enough to servive requests or fix anything.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be the new of doing things, but the last thing that might end up going out the door is the boss of Winchester, when he turns the key in the door for the last time. Winchester have been on the ropes and onto the floor, close to never to geting up, for a number of years as we know. They keep treating customers like we don't matter to them, and it might be game over. I love my new Winchesters, but I (and it seems others!) would like to see Winchester dedicate at least someone to field some questions. I'll keep buying the new Winchesters as long as they can provide the products I'm looking for. No question about it! It doesn't take much to reply to customers. Remington gave me a reply within a few days and the information I was looking for was spot on the money.

Lift your game Winchester!!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You know, "Winchester" is nothing more than a brand name these days. If I wanted or needed info on a new Model 70, I'd go straight to the soucre -- FN.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well it certainly isn't Oliver F.'s company any more and hasn't been for decades. That being said I have called their customer service department a couple of times over the last couple of months with questions not related to a current purchase or a warranty issue and have been treated very well. In one case being transfered directly to the "company historian" with some questions regarding changes in a model.

"who knew" that the ramp/bead/hood front sight was introduced on the 94 carbine in September 1931.

The current "culture of business" ain't you dad's or grandad's anymore.... more's the pity.

MJ

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't matter who "owns" Winchester, it would just be nice to be able to contact somebody and ask some questions and get some helpful answers. Lean operations or not, losing the focus on looking after your customers is not great business sense, especially when you've been walking the business tight rope as in the past.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hey Steve, I managed to get a hold of a customer rep at Winchester and he said the earliest they would know what chamberings they would have for next year will be in the big October-11 meeting when they plan those things out. So at least not until next year. He also submitted a question for me on the subject so that the people that plan these things would see it. As well i told him it's an interest not only here but in other countries as well. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks very much Fred for doing that! That's exciting to hear. I'm not sure where sales of 223 rifles and ammunition are every year around the world, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the top five or even top three.

I was looking at other manufacturers models in 223, but I'll hold off on a new 223 until we hopefully read that Winchester is bringing them out next year. I think it will be worth the wait!!!!! If you happen to talk to the Winchester rep again Fred, you can let him know that there's going to be some new M70 additions in my family to keep the other M70's company in the gun safe if they bring them out in 223!

Cheers mate!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts